Thursday, December 22, 2016

Student Blogging

When was your last awesome day?  Mine was today!  My students have been blogging this year in our classroom blog.  After they have had time to edit a piece I have them each read, and comment, on another student's posts.  I have asked them to refer to the success criteria when commenting.  They are looking for things such as a variety of sentences, literary devices, and bumped up words.  It was truly inspiring today when I read through the comments that they had given each other and the overwhelming majority had done an incredible job.  After showing my teaching partner some of the comments she said to me that it sounded like what she would write as descriptive feedback.  The students were so positive with each other, but also gave great constructive feedback.  What a wonderful way to learn from each other!  When a student realizes that another person has not used a wide variety of sentence types it causes them to reflect upon their own work and improve it.  On the other side, when they read things that other students do well, it allows them to learn from what others are doing.
Overall, this positive feedback really made my day today.  My heart was smiling.  It is so inspiring to see young people use social media so well to affect positive results. Way to go class!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment